1. Under the Alapala Constructions By-Laws, every member shall at all times:
” so order his/her conduct as to uphold the dignity and reputation of the Alapala Construction and shall observe the provisions of the Charter and the By-Laws.”
“so order his/her conduct as to uphold the dignity and reputation of his/her profession: and to safeguard the public interest in matters of safety and health and otherwise”.
“exercise his/her professional skill and judgement to the best of his/her ability and discharge his/her professional responsibility with integrity.”
2. The Board Member considers it to be the professional and moral duty of every member to understand and accept these obligations and the specific interpretation of them as defined in the Code of Professional Conduct. A member should apply the Code diligently and not enter into any contract or arrangement of any nature whatsoever with any other person, the performance of which will or may involve a breach of this Code.
Safety and Health.
3. Every member shall, at all times and in all respects, take all reasonable care to prevent danger of death, injury or ill-health to any person or of damage to property, whilst carrying out his/her work or as a consequence of it.
Protection of the Environment.
4. Every member shall, at all times and in all respects, take all reasonable care to prevent adverse impact on the working environment of himself/herself and others, and on the wider environment as a consequence of his/her work.
Competence to Practise.
5. Every member shall take all reasonable steps to maintain and develop his/her professional competence in relation to new developments relevant to his/her field of professional activity. To this end, every member should be familiar with relevant codes of practice and guidelines which may be issued or endorsed by the Alapala Construction, especially those concerned with safety and health and protection of the environment. Every member should also seek to participate in the activities of the Alapala Construction appropriately to his/her circumstances.
6. Every member should maintain a record of his/her Continuing Professional Development activities and keep it available for inspection by the Alapala Construction on request.
7. Every member shall only undertake work which he/she has sufficient competence, time and authority to perform.
8. A member aware of relevant limitations in, or in any respect unsure of, his/her competence to undertake professional work shall disclose that fact to the customer of the work. The member should only proceed when the customer confirms his/her agreement to proceeding on that basis and when the member is then satisfied as in para